Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December Pictures


Success he captured the pop tart!


Working REALLY hard to pick up the Smore's pop tart.

More Love to the Christmas tree. Yes he IS standing by himself. He's supporting his foot with the present but STILL.


I love this picture. It cracks me up whenever I see it.



Still so proud when he pulls himself up on furniture


So it's been an eventful past few weeks for us.
Thanksgiving was wonderful I gained a new way so make Turkey. Our friend that was visiting gave me some marinading and basting tips that made the turkey super juicy...so anyone that wants to come visit for Thanksgiving next year there will be fabulous turkey!
Robert had his 18 month check up last week. His pediatrician sent us back to a neurologist for a follow up on his condition. Which was routine, but Dave and I hear neurologist and our heart sinks. It took us 45 minutes to get to Olga Hospital in downtown Stuttgart. Somehow we got registered and found the neurologist. He warned us his English wasn't great. Yarg! They ended up taking blood to test for anything that may be genetic or more serious. They couldn't get enough blood out of the vein in his arm so he took it from a vein in his head. The doctor gave me a bonnbonn (candy) for being such a good sport while they did that. He emailed us that night to say that everything is fine. So we're sticking with Benign Hypotonia. However if after another 6 months he doesn't improve then he's going to do a muscle biopsy. I'm not horribly worried because he's made so much progress in the last 2 months, but keep Robert in your prayers just in case. We also thanks to the wonder of google FINALLY found the EDIS Program here in Stuttgart. Early Development Intervention. It's on base and they evaluate the child and set up a plan. Their goal is to have them ready for kindergarten. The woman is coming tomorrow to evaluate Robert and get a plan in place. We're excited about that. So that's our recent excitement and why I haven't been so diligent about blogging. I love reading everyone's blogs and seeing how everyone is doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that everything goes well for you & your family. You have such a cute, happy, little guy ;) I enjoy reading your blog & hope that you're enjoying being in Germany. ~Kendra

Rebecca said...

Robert is doing so well. I am proud of the progress he has made thus far and I believe that he can make more leaps and bounds in the future. It is hard when they have to do tests, so good job at being a good sport. Keep us updated and share the turkey tips.